"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Saturday, August 22, 2009

Make An Impression That Lasts


I am writing this post very late tonight, so consider this your encouragement for tomorrow and next week.

They say we have only one chance to give a good first impression. Although this can be true, what really matters, is how we are impacting others that we meet everyday.

I like this quote:

"You can impress people from a distance, but you can only impact them up close."
Howard Hendricks

So this coming week remember how it felt when someone else impacted you in such a wonderful, life-changing way, and then you pass it on by impacting another person's life. But remember you may have to get out of your comfort zone and take a risk of being more real. Instead of saying a simple hi to that person you've been telling yourself you need to get to know, take the next step and invite them to meet you for coffee. So many times when I've finally taken that risk, I find that God has lead me to someone who is going through a trial that I have gone through in my own life. Someone I am meant to encourage and give hope to.

So go out there and IMPACT someone this next week. Pray and ask God to put someone on your heart and in your path. It will happen, and in encouraging someone else, you yourself will be encouraged too!

"In the morning, O Lord, You hear my voice, in the morning I lay
my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3


2 comments:

Jessica Sheets said...

Sweet! My mom is blogging!:-)

jaymie said...

i love that you are blogging too Mom! so encouraging... appropriate name!