"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Sunday, June 12, 2011

Is Your Heart Young?

What a beautiful day today here in Indiana!
Sunny with a light breeze and it just 
makes this girl HAPPY!!!

I don't like to think that I'm a girl
whose moods can be sweetened or made gloomy
by the weather, but it truly does make a 
bit of a difference.

I worked some more on my new
birdie painting.  
“YOUNG AT HEART”



Not liking how the words of the song
in the first line on the tree branch didn't show up
from a distance like I planned for them to.... but,
I am loving how the words to this old favorite
song makes me feel. Oh and how it makes
Mr. Fancy-step Cardinal feel too.
 
“The heart
   that loves is always young.”


Don't you think
that loving others and being thankful
daily for what they mean to us,
is one of the keys to 
staying young at heart?
....and laughing and playing together
can do wonders also.

I've always had a tendency to take things
to heart and can analyze something to
death if I don't balance myself.
But thankfully, when this
tendency stays around a little
too long, I've learned
it's time to go out
and do something fun or even silly
or whatever brings on some laughter.

That used to be doing a cart wheel in the yard,
but now if I tried that I would probably 
end up in the emergency room
and very embarrassed when explaining
just how I ended up there.
How about you?  
What do you do to help yourself stay
YOUNG AT HEART ?

Being with you my friends, sure helps 
keep my in better shape.
THANK YOU...

Here is my wish for you:

"Fairy tales can come true,
it can happen to YOU
If you're young at heart"

So make sure to go out this week
and tap dance
in that special created life of yours!








17 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN!, Leeann. We are all so blessed to have one another ...

Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~
Marydon

Jenny said...

that cardinal is so cute! i love his top hat. thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

You always make me smile when I come for a visit....I love your bird picture.....he is so happy.....

We'd have fun playing....I can hear the laughter now.....we need to do that sometime soon.......

I hope you have a wonderful week.....

Jennifer Richardson said...

LOVE this post, LeeAnn!
So need to be reminded,
at times,
to do what it takes
to keep that childlike
carefree vibe!
Young at heart.
I love it....thanks for
the reminder:)
(love your lovebird, too:))
-Jennifer

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Oh this page has shaped up beautifully and I love the lines you've chosen to use, perfect. Ah family good friends and fun art will keep me feeling young in heart.

Mary said...

Hi my friend, Mr. Cardinal is beautiful.

I must say this heat is zapping me...it's been in the high 90's almost 100 for weeks here. It is not making for a happy camper here!!

I am feeling old and drained!!

needing a bit of fun!!!

Tricia said...

You have such a good outlook on life, Lee Ann! I love your pretty bird :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

That is a sweet painting and I do love that song, especially when Frank Sinatra is singing it! Be sure to stop by my blog, I'm having a little giveaway.

DJ said...

Leeann, your blog makes me feel young at heart! Thank you for continuing this wonderful ministry of yours. Your cheerfulness is always a blessing to me.
Love & Laughter,
DJ

Unknown said...

You are so right LeeAnn! Our mom always says "She's got a young heart in an old container" ehehhe!! Course she is 93!
Blessings dear.
Pssst, you know the cardinal is Virginia's State flower...hummm. will this one be on sale??
(((hugs)))

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi Lee Ann I just love this fabulous piece of art. Gorgeous.

Chris Graham said...

I love you post!! Joy has everything to do with keeping young at heart. A silly dance would be my "cart wheel" at this stage in life. Have a wonderful day!

Kathy said...

I can relate to analyzing instead of accepting some things just as they are. I've really missed visiting you everyday, I just took a little break from Bloggyland for awhile.
I'm so grateful for you and the way God uses you to bless others.
Kathy

Unknown said...

Hi sweetie, thanks for visiting my blog! Yes, Mary is such a beautiful gal inside and out. I love her so! I have sold some of my original work, and will continue to do so....there are a few I want to keep, but there are way too many to save!!! I think Mary sells prints!!!
Blessings!!!! I love visiting your blog, and can't wait till you make some prints to sell!!!

Pamela Holderman said...

Boy I needed this... not feeling very young lately and I do need to feel young at heart! I just need to picture your cute little bird and maybe my toes will start tapping. thanks!

rachel awes said...

i'm pulling up a seat in the grass
to take in this sweet bird's song!
xox

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh so true so true...and tap dance, oh my, I just threw my tap shoes in the trash...literal, I was a tap teacher in my younger days, but still will tap with bare feet...I need to do that today.

Oh analyze things to death, oh my, too much me...just shut that brain off and go dance in the rain needs to be my motto

Great and fun post!!