"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Pleasing Light


Rachel over at http://rachelolsen.blogspot.com/ is having a devotional carnival  where you can link up with a post on what you think is "Pleasing to God".  I thought I would  try participating this month.  If you'd like, you can join in too!

I've thought about this and have come up with a long list of ways
we could please God, but this one pops in my head first.
God is pleased with us when we are being the unique and special creation
He designed us to be.
He loves it when
our individual and specialized
light SHINES for HIM.


Have you ever tried 
to light a battery operated candle
with a match?
A battery operated candle is the kind you turn on with a button 
  at the bottom of the candle. 
I just found that out when at a birthday tea party recently, 
I tried to help a friend prepare
the table for the guests. She handed me the matches
and asked me to go around the table
and light all of the candles.
The large candle in the middle was giving me fits
because it wouldn't light no matter
how many times I tried.
The wick held a flame for a few seconds, but quickly blew out.
After about seven tries, I decided to ask her
to come and light it herself. 
This is when she informed me that it was a special 
 and unique battery operated candle
and it wasn't meant to hold a flame...and of course
she got a big chuckle out of my silly mistake.
Like this candle,
how many times have we tried to be
something or someone we are not meant to be?
The LIGHT can't shine through a vessel
that wasn't created for that purpose.
How many times
have we chosen to dwell on what we are not
instead of letting His light shine through
who we are? 
Dwelling on who we are not is a lot
like trying to light a candle over and over
and getting no where except maybe frustrated and confused.

"For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together
in my mother's womb.
  I praise you because
I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
       your works are wonderful, 

I know that full well."
Psalm 139:13-14

Being content with who God created YOU to be 
and letting His light
SHINE through your unique design, 
must make our loving Creator very happy and in turn 
you are a happy camper too.
So my friend, be YOU,
because God took the time to plan and make only one
special mold like you.
He has great plans for you,
and if you do
I'm sure He will look down and say
"I'm well pleased my child. Let your
little light SHINE ON".

 scroll down to bottom of page and mute my music
to hear this video without interruption

Now go out and be that special YOU 
and light up your world.
This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.........humming
this tune along the way might really help. 

7 comments:

Dena E's Blog said...

Wow, LeeAnn this is just stunning...And there was another time you left a note at my blog(I was thrilled by the way) about a blossom pic I had posted . It was some time ago, but THANKS SO MUCH for visiting again. I do not get many post since I have begun going on and on about GOD, but I jsut can't help myself. Anyway I sooooo am thanksful for wonderful ladies like you!!!
Hugs Dena

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Beautifully said, I couldn't agree with your devotional thoughts more! We seem to spend half our life span thinking God had to have been confused when he made us, because we just 'know' we were not meant to be this way!
Great thoughts, great writing!

Jackie said...

Hi LeeAnn! I love this post and it's written beautifully! Psalm 139 is one of my favorites.

Thank you so much for this today...it's a good reminder for me.

Jackie

Deborah Ann said...

Aw, this is such a beautiful thought! I spent my whole life wishing I was someone else. What a great mistake that was, and not very pleasing to Father, either. We are are each uniquely designed, and nothing gives God more pleasure than watching us shine!

Lisa said...

I really like your blog and am going to follow you! It's so interesting how intertwined the christian blogging community is. :)

Blessings,
Lisa

beachhouse etc. said...

great information...everyone can learn from...thanks for stopping by i'm so new at this always hoping to see a comment just to see if all my links work properly
inspiring message as I have finally found my light in designing...xoxosuzanne

MrBibleHead said...

Hey LeeAnn, So true. It is so easy for us to compare and wish. But God knows what he's doing. It took me many years to realize that. How freeing that day was for me! God made me who I am. God bless you LeeAnn. Oh I'm having my first giveaway at mrbiblehead.blogspot.com please stop by.