"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Wednesday, October 27, 2010

LIVE

Doesn't he look like he would be
a lot of fun to hang out with? Something
in his eyes tell me he knows
how to enjoy his day to the fullest.
(one of my very first watercolors) 
 
Life has been bringing a lot of changes in
my part of life over the past few weeks.
(actually over the past few months)
Soon I will take the time to 
share more about it with YOU.
But for tonight, I thought I would remind
myself and let you in on the reminder also to
 Seize The Day!

Live life to the fullest!
Use whatever you've been given and 
Seize The Day!

Found this song and really enjoyed the message. 
Hope you will too.

 

Please go to my sidebar and mute my music player so you can
enjoy this video.




What does it mean to you to Seize the Day?
You can have more than one answer.

I have many, mostly because
I love variety.
 One of my most favorite is spending 
time with family and friends.

Would love to hear what some of 
your favorite
seizing the day things are. 
Please share.  Pretty please share!



 YOU, my friend,
make my day more special.
Really YOU do!

12 comments:

Jennifer Richardson said...

You cannot iMAGine what
an arrow of encouragement
shot right into the wobbly
places in my heart
this POST is today!
That song by Carolyn Arends
has been instrumental in my
life through so many turns
in the road....such a call
to the deep places of my heart
And today, after a HUGE decision
yesterday to turn and follow my
heart once again (walked off a job
with a bully and his pile of money)
HERE IT IS...from heaven through
you to me:).
Oh, THANK you, dear messenger
with hidden wings!
I am seizing this day....choosing
to follow my true heart instead
of bowing down to the expectations
of others.
And you're a part of it.
Thank you beautiful friend,
Jennifer

Martha Lever said...

That is a precious watercolor of the giraffe. Giraffes always make me smile and you captured the quirkiness. God surely must have enjoyed creating his animals and they probably made Him chuckle too. Loved the video.

Cherie Wilson said...

"Seize the day" reminds me of when the Israelites finally got to the promised land. Glory be! I want to seize the day with the spiritual maturity of Joshua and Caleb and their COURAGE. If I were to seize the day it would be that I was grateful, courageous, and adventurous with Joy and Love in whomever I converse with and whatever I do....no matter the circumstances. Yep, that day would do..........and of course the art and my dream for what that looks like! I hope yours too dear girl! Thanks for asking us to seize the day and for sharing your adorable giraffe:)

Tricia said...

What a pretty painting Lee Ann! I hope you have had a good week my friend. I've been thinking about you and and how you are such a special person.

I've been trying so hard to seize the day and live life to the fullest...trying to focus on things that make me truly happy.

Best wishes ♥

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Okay I'm in love with your little giraffe, the look on his face is precious. Every day offers me something more to reach for with gusto :-)

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Kathy said...

Sieze the Day? When I listen to the Holy Spirit's soft prompting and act that's siezing the day for me. It means I've done exactly what He had planned for me today. What a great feeling!
Once again, you've inspired me to tears. Blessings, K

Nancy said...

I have missed you girlfriend and wondered what you are up to......
as usual, I find you encouraging others no matter what may be going on with you......What a gift you have for lifting others up......I know God will bless you abundantly because of your willingness to be obedient.....

You know when I saw this precious giraffe, the first thing I thought as this could be an illustration in a children's book.....You have a real talent.......

Thanks for your comments...we have to figure out how to get us all together sometime...any ideas?

Deborah Ann said...

Wow, does that song ever bring back memories. What a great reminder to not just float through life without putting ourselves out there 100%. I always need to be reminded of this, because too often I find myself floating...

JANET! said...

LIVE! that word has been stuck in my head for the past 2 months. i can't get it out. LOVE it!!!! and i love YOUUUUU.

Anonymous said...

Lovely post!
Seize the day, be in the moment, don't miss an opportunity to say loving things....smiles.

deanna - thoughts, prayers, and actions said...

I absolutely loved SEIZE THE DAY!!!

I have been out seizing the day for three weeks now, and I'm just getting back to visiting my cyber friends! I didn't bring my laptop, and only checked email through my phone. Thank you for the music video and your inspiration to look around us. Blessings!