"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Thursday, March 14, 2013

We Cannot Fathom In the Beginning



Oh my goodness!  Where did the 
past three months go?
I can't believe it's been that 
long since I've posted last.
I've been recouping
from my knee surgery  and 
I'm doing very well now.

Wanted to share with you
a quote that spoke to 
me the other day when I 
was feeling like I 
was stuck in some areas of 
my life. You know that feeling
you get when certain things in your
life seem in limbo
 and you feel like it is never
 going to change?



Somehow 
after hearing this quote,
 my stuck place didn't
 seem so deeply stuck anymore.
remembering...the best is yet to come!

If you also are feeling a little stuck 
here are a few more quotes
I hope will encourage you .......


“You can be absolutely certain
that when you feel you are being most unfairly tested,
you are being prepared for great achievement.”

…..~Napoleon Hill


“The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without,
 the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be.”

~ Horace Bushnell





 "Now to Him Who, by the [action of His] power that is at work within us,
is able to  do super-abundantly, far over and above all that we dare ask or think,
 infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires,
 thoughts, hopes, or dreams."

Ephesians 3:20 (AMP)

Sometimes those stuck places can
 rule over (me) us and our
 thoughts and we can forget
 about the other blessings in our lives. 
 I like how Katherine Hepburn said it in her quote:

“ I never lose sight of the fact that just being is fun.



JUST BEING is FUN
and we don't have
 to have everything fixed
in our lives at every moment in order to 
be grateful and happy.


I'd love to hear what is the most fun thing
you do when you "just let yourself be" ?


I may have to go to a playground tomorrow so 
I can "just be" like I used to as a little girl 
and do some swinging on a swing.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Care to join me? 





1000 Gifts - Thankful List continued....

622. my husband's guardian angel protecting him
        during his automobile accident      
623. special weekend with our daughter-Jaymie
        and family (grandchildren!!)
624. seeing the leaves of the soon to be, spring flowers 
        popping out of the ground
625. being able to walk my nature walks again after
        knee surgery 
626. fresh beautiful air to breath outside
627. creating again
628. that it's not about me, but it's about God




10 comments:

Denise said...

Hi LeeAnn,

Love seeing you here my friend! I think we all get stuck at times, and these are wonderful quotes you have shared; especially love the one with your art work!

Glad to hear you are healing nicely!
Blessings and hugs,
Denise

Mary said...

Oh look, after emailing you I see this!! I love you are posting again, I love this post, thank you!

I love you!!

Kaitlin@Homemaker Design said...

Nice to 'hear' from you again! I'm very happy to hear you are healing well!! (though noticed in your 1000 gifts about your husband - sounds like he is okay but must have been scary!!!)

Your quotes were very encouraging - thank you!! And again, I really enjoy your art - I'm loving text based art a lot lately so this was really nice!!!

Martha Lever said...

Hi Lee Ann,
Thanks for you comment today. Yes, that paper towel rool really spoke to me yesterday! Here is something I like to do when I am just being me. I have a scooter --it called a Xootr, and I love to scoot around the parking lot where we love because the lot is very smooth. It's a foot powered scooter and I know people look at me like I am crazy but it makes me feel like I am 10 years old again. My husband has one too.

Love those quotes and the Ephesians 3 Scripture is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back again, lee Ann. I know you don't post often but when you do you know you have this visitor's attention. Your words are always so encouraging and that first quote is perfect for me today. Like Katherine Hepburn, I too believe that it is fun to just be...even when we are stuck in difficulties. I find joy in the simplest of things. Yes, I'll join you on that swing. :)

Have a beautiful weekend, my friend, and I'm very glad you are doing well.
XOXO's!

Nancy said...

Do you know how wonderful it is to see your blog pop up on my sidebar...I can't tell you how much I have missed you and all your smiling encouragement plus just hearing about what's going on in your life...

I am sorry that you have had health issues but hopefully you are on the way back and we will be seeing more of you...

These are beautiful words of encouragement you posted today. I have been down with bronchitis so they were especially comforting to me...

Love ya,

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Welcome back! So glad the knee has healed up well and that you found your way back to blogger land, we missed you!

Mel said...

What a beautiful post LeeAnn! I needed to read this today and want to say thank you for being such a sweet encourager. God bless you.
Love,
Mel

Jennifer Richardson said...

i love you stuck,
unstuck,
in the muddle in the middle
and all the other ways
we can find ourselves
from time to time:)
you are treasure no matter:)
and i love your list that keeps
growing in length
and beauty
and the rich words you share
and your watercolor is bliss:)
thanks for coming around
to shine your light,
Jennifer

Tricia said...

Hi Lee Ann!! It's so nice to see you again...I was starting to wonder! It's good to know that you're doing well. I love all the quotes you shared with us. You always have such a positive outlook. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. xo