"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Sunday, February 23, 2014

Far Better Things Ahead Than What I Leave Behind





Well, this 2014 word I've chosen to work on this
year, as I told you in my last post, 
 is the word Release.
                                                                           
I'm hoping as you read my post and
future posts that
you too will find a cord of hope 
that will help you release things that
might be also holding you back 
from receiving the best 
that God has planned for you ahead.

Today I want to start with a biggie
myth that has tripped me up with it's lie
way too many times.

The Myth of the guaranteed right choice!

I like guarantees that I can count on.
I probably drive some sales people crazy
with all of the  questions I ask when
I'm trying to make sure I don't end up with
a mistake choice in purchasing something.
I'm sure you are like that also when it 
comes to big purchases
and it's 
the responsible way to be.
But in this path we take called
daily life,
we cannot tie it all up in a pretty bow
like we would a purchase.
Sometimes things happen that we 
didn't count on and that disappoint us
and they totally change our dreams and plans.
Then fear can set in
and cripple us from making 
new plans and having new dreams.

:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・ ✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・✿.。

I've been reading a great book by
Here is a passage from her book that really
spoke to me:
"Hidden behind most of our regrets is the myth of the guaranteed right choice - as though if we'd only done it right, the path would have been smooth.  There is a yellow-brick road, we think, and our job from birth is to find it."
"The search for guarantees can leave you cautious and tentative about nearly everything - always fearful that your next choice will prove (yet again) to be some kind of mistake you regret."
"I want to suggest that it's just these places in your experience where dreams and expectations don't work out - that you are being issued the invitation of your life.  Disappointment is, strangely enough, a doorway to the real adventure. It's the point where you start to leave behind most of your notions of how your story should read - and enter your relationship with God as a journey. A true journey, one that's wild and adventurous and not anywhere close to predictable."
Paul Rinehart..
.book Better Than Your Dreams

:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚’゚・✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・ ✿.。.:* *.:。✿*゚¨゚✎・✿.。


 

 So this myth,
The Myth of the guaranteed right choice

is one of those things you and I 
need to release
 so we can move forward to
 better things ahead.
It will probably be a work in progress
in letting it go completely,
but God promises
 freedom, peace and adventure
along the way as we do.

I LOVE this song by J.J. Heller...
Listen and be hopeful..
oh and sing it at the top of your lungs
with me..  (it's one of those kind of songs!!)




Hugs,

10 comments:

Denise said...

Hi LeeAnn :)

Love your "word" and what you have to say here! For me it has been a work in progress, but I have learned that clinging to the past affects the journey God has planned for me; if I don't release those bad choices, I begin a potentially unhealthy and seemingly endless battle with anchors that can hold me down and sink me! Love the quote “A bend in the road is not the end of the road…unless you fail to make the turn.” ~Unknown :)

Blessings sweet sister; have a wonderful week!
Denise

Mary said...

I think the only guarantee is God loves us the same no matter our choice...and he will use all our choices to transform us as he pleases. And the invitation offered to us when we are disappointed is to go deeper in our hearts...what are we really disappointed about...or with...

I am finding too Lee Ann, this is a journey of releasing so many things...what I thought I needed, what love really looks like, my need for approval, etc...

There are times I wish I could have a do over in life, but I then realize unless the core of me had been different I would have made the same choices...and it's taken my journey with God to make those needed changes. I should say, he made those changes in me...I have little to do with changing my heart.

Thank you for this marvelous post, we need to encourage and challenge, and spur each other on this journey. We so need each other!

Much grace and love to you dear friend!

Maryse said...

Hello, I found you through ripplespeak.com. A wise soul told me once, 'there are no mistakes, only feedback'. It changed everything for me. I finally understood that all the choices I make are ok as long as I'm willing to learn from them. And a good dose of trust in my ability to make good choice and be supported by God no matter what, that's helpful too. May you move forward with gentle confidence in yourself and the perfect unfolding of your life. ♥

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Thank you ..thank you..thank you..Denise, Mary and Maryse! You each have blessed me so with your insight and comments. I am so glad we have one another to share with and to learn from. My heart has been blessed from your hearts and words.

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh! holy wow. this was incredible and nourishing and gently shaking....shaking me loose
of some things I also needed to release. Disappointment is, strangely enough, a doorway to real adventure. Wow...that is so fantastic. And yes, I believe it, and need to practice believing it every day, that God is totally up to something amazing
and we won't mess it up by a mis-step...that there isn't one mistake that can kill the plan of God in our lives. Oh sweet relief.
Thank you, friend, for this
nourishing share,
Jennifer

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Oh sweet relief is the perfect way to describe it Jennifer. ♥

Carolynn Anctil said...

I haven't heard this framed in quite this way before and I really love it. I'm going to have to spend some time contemplating this. It feels similar to the notion of perfection, to me, although uniquely different, at the same time. Thank you for sharing this concept.

Blessings,
Carolynn
A Glowing Ember

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Amen! I don't know how many people my age have been dealing with this issue. Life just isn't what we expected and because it isn't they have gotten stuck. I am one of those also! Great word! If we don't release this feeling then we will miss the thing God has in store for us.

Bevy @ Treasured Up and Pondered said...

I'm new here. I love your painting/photo... and that quote!

I came here from Homemaker Design.

Nice "meeting" you..

Anonymous said...

As encouraging and inspiring as ever, LeeAnn. Wise words. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Just earlier this week, I was thinking of you, and then today I noticed your Audrey pin on Pinterest.
I've missed visiting with you.
Much love!!
xoxo's