"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Thursday, July 22, 2010

Do you have a False Positive in your life?


On with what I am learning from Beth Moore's book




I had to search my heart to answer this question:
What is my "false positive" that I have
chosen to believe in my life?
We all have them at one time or another in our lives
and they can trip us up and keep us from being
all we were created to be.

For me, I think because I started out in life with
very little material wealth and security in 
my home growing up, I would have to admit that
my prominent "false positive" is 
probably the "successful, nicer big home, lots of
money (to give away of course)
kind of thing. Oh and under all of this is the 
need for Approval. OUCH!
I hate to admit that out loud!!
Why for some crazy reason do I think that would
complete me and bring me happiness?


"Security in any
earthly thing simply cannot be sustained."
Beth Moore

The truth is, I have a small home
that is over 100 years old
but it is warm and cozy and God has helped me
over the years to make it cute and welcoming.
We have raised our family here and have
wonderful memories from 
our simple life.

God knows what we all need, and that includes
YOU my friend.

In order to say So Long Insecurity, you, just like 
me, will have to search your 
heart for any false ideals that you think
would make you more secure in all things and then
let them fly away!  Quit believing that lie.

"When we allow God's truth to eclipse every
false positive and let our eyes spring open
to the treasure we have,  there in His 
glorious reflection will also see the treasure we are."
Beth Moore

"And the beauty 
of the Lord our God will be upon us."
Psalm 90:17 (NKJV)

Then you and I can SOAR like these birds!

Let's FLY my friend,

12 comments:

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Great synopsis - I've been reading the same book. Very timely, for me.

Mary said...

another wonderful page Lee Ann. just when I think I have dealt with something, God shows it to me from a different angle. some of the things we put our trust in are so ingrained in our thinking, our hearts, that they don't come loose easily. but thankfully he does not stop till they are gone.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful write, Lee Ann.

Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~Marydon

Farmgirl Paints said...

So good Leann. Not sure what my false positive is. Need to reflect on this a bit.

Butterfly Works said...

What a timely post for me....I read that book several months ago and I have to admit I have gone back to some of my old thought patterns and you made me think and examine myself......Friends are always on time..uh?

I really appreciate your openeness and transparency with your thought process....

Lee Ann, this is a wonderful page..I love your style and you described in art form perfectly what Beth was saying.....seems we are thinking alot alike these days....

Many hugs

JANET! said...

YOU. ARE. AMAZING. Thank you for sharing your heart with us!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

This was EXACTLY what I needed to hear tonight friend. I'm struggling with some anger and know that God is helping me let go.

Please keep sharing -- I know it's helping more than just me.

Love yoU!

Jennifer Richardson said...

Oh my oh my...LIFE just bursts from this like juice from a ripe berry when you pop it in your mouth! What a beautifully nourishing post. Or is it nourishingly beautiful. Both to my grateful heart:)

Thanks for opening that lovely heart to us, LeeAnn!
-Jennifer

Carrie said...

I love Beth Moore! I will have to think about my false positives. I've been stripped of a lot this past year and that definitely helps you get to know what is truly important. Thanks for sharing.

Just Be Real said...

Beth is so real. Appreciate when you share from her. Blessings to you dear one.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Stopped by your blog for the first time...I am going through Beth Moore's book also and it is really eye opening...and healing

Dana said...

Found your blog from your comment on Bombastic Bandicoot. I love Lisa to death so I knew if something touched her, it was bound to be good-and yes it is. Honest transparency is exactly what God uses to shine is light out into the world. Thank you for your vulnerability. :D