"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Time I LOVE



I truly am a
"family time loving kind of girl".
I think TIME is one of my top love languages.
(along with words of affirmation)

Have you read that awesome book -
It's a great concept.

My time spent in Pennsylvania with my
daughter, son-in-law,  granddaughter
and grandson
was
memory-making- wonderful!
A big bear hug from my granddaughter just before
I had to leave to travel back home. 
I wish I could bottle these hugs up and take with me.


This trip was also taken 
so that I could help them while they
packed  up to move to their new home
2 hours further away 
in Pennsylvania.
  My son-in-law has been a Youth Pastor for 
seven or eight years and felt called to take a 
lead Pastor position in a new church.  So although 
we don't like that fact that they live even further away
from us, we are very happy for them and
the new ministry and adventure God has called them to.

Besides, you just can't argue with God about where,
what or why, when He decides to make changes. He
knows best. He understands my occasional
whining to Him about it though.
 My grandson, the cool dude, 
sporting his favorite sunglasses!

I also had a new adventure  while
on the road to seeing their new home.
  I drove through my first mountain tunnel!
(and many more after that) 

I have really been sheltered here in Indiana. I didn't
even stop to think (duh!) that some places in America
have man-made, very long tunnels which can be
  scary for a person like me with a little
bit of claustrophobia!  
I was driving my own car behind my daughter.
I remember seeing the sign that said tunnel and thinking
it was a small tunnel where you could see the light
out of both ends at the same time, so I didn't
give it another thought UNTIL......

....I then began repeating the 23rd Psalm
and deep breathing
and even contemplated whether I should
get out of the car and run back to the opening
on the tiny sidewalk that I saw along side of the road.
 Next thing I knew,
there was light at the end of the tunnel.
Hurray!!

(Yale Cohen photographer of this photo) 
Of course not the view I saw 
at the end, but isn't this one beautiful?


  After that the other tunnels
were a real breeze for me since I knew 
there was an ending and I learned to play my
music CD loud and clear while zooming through
and sang along, smiling. 
Another hurdle overcome! Woo Hoo!

Actually the mountain view is so beautiful to me. 
Pennsylvania has some gorgeous landscape....
and some gorgeous children.... (grin)

The cute box movers!


It was a busy but wonderful time.  I came home tired
but a very good kind of tired. 


Thank you my friends
for allowing me to share my loves with you today.

Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Lee Ann, the precious joys of those arms wrapped tightly around ... to carry the love back with you.
Beautiful pics, know you had a grand time.
Have a lovely weekend ~
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon

DJ said...

Hmmm...
1.family time = check
2.helping loved ones in time of need = check
3.hugs from grandchildren = check
4.depending on your Lord & Savior while driving through stress for strength, wisdom & witness = DIRECT EXPERIENCE with GOD's LOVE

Wow, That's my kind of To-Do List, girlfriend!

Beth said...

What precious pictures! I wanted to thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment :). It means a lot! Have a great Sunday!

Mary said...

Lee Ann, I know you had a wonderful time with your family - I also know you must be pooped, so rest up!! :)

Your grandchildren are just precious.

PA really is a beautiful state. I remember driving through it as the sun was rising and enjoying all the open farm land.

Hugs!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Your grandkids are the cutest, just adorable and every time I see your granddaughter I remember her stellar performance on stage :-)

Re my painting, it is done with acrylics and oddly enough when it comes to creating these canvases I can't seem to give up until I have some kind of breakthrough. It's about the only thing in my life that I don't 'cave in' on!

Jennifer Richardson said...

The joy on your face is priceless!

I remember heading (underwater!) through the Lincoln tunnel and feeling like my heart just may explode....didn't like that one bit! I suppose life is full of tunnels...Lord, give us bigger tunnel trust:)
-Jennifer

Brandi Hanes said...

Hi LeAnn,
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! You have a very encouraging way with words...I love spending time with my family, it is such a joy to be able to do it often, I couldn'e imagine living far away from my mom...oh I don't know what I would do!!! Your post was adorable!! Have a blessed week :)

Brandi

Just Be Real said...

What a precious post. Pictures do say a thousand words. Blessings.

Nancy said...

Lee Ann, these pictures are so precious and aren't those hugs memories we can pull up when we need one of those hugs.....

I know they loved having you there and yes to know your children are in God's will for them brings much peace.

Please visit my new blog...and I hope you will join...
www.createdforajourney.blogspot.com

Hugs,

Deborah Ann said...

Gorgeous grandkids! How brave of you to drive alone to PA. Even though your daughter led the way, still. I'd be scared, not of the tunnels, but getting lost. I guess we all have our private tunnels to bear? *smile*

Sami Jo said...

Really sweet Grandbabies LeeAnn! Thanks for stopping by herHousehold - you sure have a sweet little blog here yourself.

Have a wonderful day!

The Lady of the House

Pamela Holderman said...

Oh your grandkids are adorable. My son is in New Jersey and interns at a church across the border in Pennsylvania - what a beautiful state. Thanks for the nice comments. Glad we found each other. Oh yes those false positives are all around aren't they?