"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Abundance and the Miracle



As you can see,
I've been doodling for a few weeks 
on this creation which
  started out as pure therapy, since that is
what pen and ink so often provide for me.

(started it when I hurt my back and was laying on the couch)
(and please forgive my photography- since the photo came out crooked) 

I had no idea that it was going to turn into a frame for 
a new quote that spoke to me recently.  


Since starting my 1000 Gifts List,
I am finding it so true that 
thanksgiving
really does create abundance!
It is changing me into being less
of a worrier and more into
a person who
cannot wait to see what blessings are
there waiting for her when she gets up in the morning!
Anticipation is an awesome thing!

 I'll be honest here. 
My first tendency has often been
to worry

What if, .... 
what now, ....
what will happen next, ....
what am I going to do, etc...

that is until 
I stop and  listen to God asking me to
cast all my cares upon him instead.

"Throw the whole of your anxiety upon Him,
because He Himself cares for you."
1Peter 5:7

But you know what? 
This being intentional about
writing down what I am thankful for everyday,
has made the tendency
to begin worrying, so much less.
For that I am sooooo thankful. 

I came across this 4 faced doll the other day that
my grandma made for our daughters
when they were young.
This dolly reminds me of the many different emotions
we may go through on any given day.

(so of course I had to play along and show you) 
(hope you enjoy my craziness! )






I couldn't help but notice after posing with
little dolly here, how peaceful we both
look when we are  
praying together.


Isn't that the way it really is? We find peace when we
give our worries and cares over
to our Heavenly Father...
who cares for us and handles things for us in his own
way and in his own timing. 
And of course He gives us special friends
to help us through, along the way also.

I am so thankful he understands me and YOU
and every emotion we go through
because he created us.

Hoping your miracles multiply this week, 
along with mine, as we give thanks!

oh and....thanks for being my friend,

41. warm comfy couch and a good movie
42. good friends who understand and care
43. getting love text messages from my hubby
44. the privilege of getting to be an encouragement to someone else
45. MUSIC- all kinds
46. talking to my grandchildren over the telephone
47. hearing my granddaughter, over the phone, so excited about loosing her tooth
48. wonderful sisters to go to lunch with
49. Autumn smelling candles burning in the house
50. emotions that God created inside of me so life wouldn't be dull

22 comments:

Rachel said...

What an encouragement LeeAnn! You do look so pretty and peaceful with praying dolly. There are so many things to be thankful for when we make a conscious effort to live with our eyes open. Hope you're doing well! xoxo

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Great post LeeAnn. It's all in the reframing, taking that second look. Love the frame you created and the pictures made me smile. Thanks for sharing

Kaitlin@Homemaker Design said...

I love this post! I totally understand worring and it's somthing I'm constantly working on - giving needless worring to God and letting go of them!

Those pictures of you and the doll are priceless - you nailed her expressions! I adore the one of you both praying - it is peacful and you have a very beautiful expression there - and a great smile in the last one! ;) :)

Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog and my art! You are so kind! :) I had to take a double take on your 'doodle'. I thought it was a picture you had purchased in a decorative frame/matting - beautiful work Lee Ann!

Nana's Nuggets said...

Good Morning! LeeAnn, wow~ I love this happy:) post! Packed full of encouragement:) and happiness! the framed quote is beautiful. And the little dolls are so cute! Just priceless. I hope this finds you doing much better! Have a great Wednesday.

Mary said...

what a beautiful piece your doodles and words created. And what truth they contain!

I love seeing beautiful you, you are you know, posing with that doll.

Thank you for your words of encouragement to me...they are a balm for my weary heart.

Praying your back is better, take it slow...it takes time

Grace, peace and love to you dear friend!!

Unknown said...

Love the doodle and this post! Sorry to hear about your back hope all is better. Be Blesses, Deborah

Deborah Ann said...

Aw...beautiful, LeeAnn! Love the happy pictures, and especially the message. I couldn't agree more - thanksgiving is changing me on a daily basis. God is good!

Kathy said...

I love the faces of LeeAnn! Great inspiration for the day! Blessings!

MFEO2009 said...

taking a moment to say hi! love the quote & art. :)

Lesley Edmonds said...

Hi LeeAnn, gorgeous doodles and I know from experience, very therapeutic indeed :)

Being thankful is a blessing in itself I always feel. When I lost my dear Mum and couple of years ago and was feeling very dark, a lovely friend gave me and pretty notebook and pen asked me to write down, at the end of each day, at least one thing I was thankful for, that day...three notebooks later I still keep my Gratitude Journal, as I call it and it is indeed a huge blessing, especially as the last thing I think of each night is the list of things I have to be thankful for that day.

It changes your life so keep it up. Living in an attitude of thankfullness can be very difficult at times but it can also be very healing.

x

Jennifer said...

I thank God for
~your beautiful spirit
~the beauty of your dear face
~ your words and art rich with life
~your creative vision
~your anointing to encourage
....the list is too long to post!
(love you LeeAnn!)
-Jen

Anonymous said...

you are such a sweetheart! And I love to see you posing with your dolly! Have such a wonderful week!

Denise said...

I just love your thankful post; thoughts and praises that we focus on heal and restore us and create such a blessed bond with our Father! :)

Very delightful (and lovely) pictures of you; I love the quote by Ann Voskamp...

Blessings and hugs,
Denise

rachel awes said...

i am
thank
full
for
you
xox

Tricia said...

What a beautiful frame, Lee Ann. I love your message about thanksgiving. I've always been a huge worrier and I know that I need to move away from that. Love your blessings for the week :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely post! cute poses the doll and u :-)

Rebecca said...

Your "therapy" produced an amazing result, LeeAnn! Keep it up.

And what a creative look & lesson from your four-headed doll.

Thankfulness/gratitude is definitely therapy in itself. God obviously knew what He was doing when He inspired Paul to write, "In everything give thanks."

Legacy of a Single Girl said...

Wonderul post! Thank you! And your doodles look like a stamp! SO good!!

Chris Graham said...

So Beautiful and so true!
Have a beautiful week dear lady.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

You have expressed it so well as well as put your creative touch with the pen and ink. I too can do down the worry trail too much and a heart of gratitude usually turns me around.

I love the doll...too cute.

Deborah Ann said...

Those pictures of you and your doll are PRICELESS! Absolutely precious.

I agree about being thankful. It has literally changed my life! Thanks for being an inspiration to us all. Oh yeah, your artwork is amazing...

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your doodle messages are all beautiful. You are very lucky that your sisters live near enough so you can go to lunch. Mine are all far away.