"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Wednesday, October 12, 2011

When Your Planning Fails




Another pen and ink I've been creating this week.
To be safe, until I know for sure what quote I want to permanently
add, I have puzzled in another piece into the middle of my
\pen and ink doodle frame. 
I want to one day take Martha Lever's Calligra-Fun class
so I can have more confidence in my painted lettering.

Having one of those weeks where I am needing to
change up the pieces in my life puzzle. 
I had to refer back
 that I wrote
as my reminder that it is a part of life 
and the blessings in disguise will be
revealed in God's timing.

Aren't you thankful that we don't have to trust
in our own understanding?
We can rest in the peace that God
is working and already
sees the entire finished puzzle 
of our lives in it's 
finished masterpiece form, that He has designed?
I could never create that on my own.

“Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
   don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do,

everywhere you go;
   he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all.”

Proverbs 3:5-6

What do you do to get yourself
going again when your plans get changed?


I hope your pieces
are falling right in place
for you this week, but if not, 
get out the card table and some tea
 and  invite me over. 
We could sure have some fun together
figuring out where some of those pieces go!!



87.  friends and family that pray for us
88.  answered prayer even when it's not what you expected
89.  a promotion for my hubby at work
90.  our granddaughter's beautiful tears during our video chat when 
        telling us  she really missed us!  
91.  encouragement that comes just when you need it
92.  finding a fall leaf in my path that looked like a heart put there just for me
93.  the gift of creating that brings me so much pleasure and peace
94.  finding creative new ways to rearrange the pieces in life  
  

18 comments:

Tina said...

Thanks for this post and the truth in it is going to help me get going this morning. Blessing to you, Tina

Jennifer Richardson said...

thanks for the sunny encouragement;
I love your grateful heart.
And that quote from Virginia Woolf
is fantastic!
Oh I must share that:)
Thanks for the wonder you share.
-Jennifer

Kaitlin@Homemaker Design said...

Great work on your letters! Painting or any for of lettering, for that matter, is extremely tough. I think you do a fine job! :)

It's so true, that I am thankful that I don't have to trust my own understanding and so very thankful He knows how it will all turn out and He will lead me through it all.

I'm learning to take everything one day at a time....to even now thinking I need to take things one moment at a time! That's how I'm learning to deal with 'my' ever changing plans!

Have a blessed day! :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

if only you could come over...what a fun afternoon that would be. keep pouring over those promises sweet friend. He's got your back. He does! love ya.

Kathy said...

Come on over, Sunshine, I'll get out the floral teas and some coconut-banana bread!

Why do I find myself smiling while reading your posts? Hmmm, could it be that CONTINUALLY inspire me?
Can y'all give me a hearty, AMEN!?

Bless you! Now get on over here! K

MFEO2009 said...

i'd love to have a coffee with you! lol
love your post once again.
i was just telling my husband, i need to stop planning. when i plan to write i clean. when i plan to clean i write. :)

Denise said...

Hi LeeAnn,

Great post! I am learning more and more each day to trust Him enough to just let things happen, and seek His help to handle everything. (I have a tendency to predict and control everything on my own!)

Blessings and hugs!
Denise

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

love that quote, here's to arranging the pieces we can get our hands on :-) let the rest fall, we'll call them abstract art.

Lesley Edmonds said...

What a great quote - it lifted me up and took me into the day. Blessings to you.
x

Nancy said...

I sure have missed you girl....and thank you so much for all your encouraging and sweet comments that you have left me while I have been away.....

No matter what you are going through you always have a way of encouraging and blessing others...I sure wish I could get together and we could visit......maybe someday soon......

Thank goodness God has the big picture and He has promised to work it all out for good....We can take that to the bank....

Love you girlfriend,
Nancy

Tricia said...

What a nice reminder that my life has already been figured out. For me, this past week was terrible, but maybe that was part of God's plan.

When ever I see your sketches, I think of my own. I draw the same kind of patterns :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Congrats to your DH on his promotion!! Life has certainly thrown us some curve balls this year, but I have remained calm through it all... I just have this feeling that all will be OK in the end.

rachel awes said...

i love this/to arrange the pieces that come my way!!! thank you, dear friend! love your doodle, & heart. i am soooo thankful for your piece in my life...a beautiful arrangement. xox

Jackie said...

Hi LeeAnn,
Thank you so much for this post and for commenting about our loss of Gracie. I'm so glad that I don't have to trust in my own understanding because I'm not understanding much these last few days in my grief.

Thank You Again.
Jackie

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Thanks sweetie, I sure needed this reminder today. My pieces have been hittin' pretty hard lately. I love the sayin'!!!

God bless ya and have an extraordinary day sweetie!!! :o)

Deborah Ann said...

You seem to have zoomed right in today. I'm here messing around with puzzle pieces, and feeling plain old puzzled. Isn't it hard sometimes to rest assured that God knows what He's doing? But I'm sure if we faithfully keep putting those pieces together we'll finally be able to see the big picture.

Have a blessed week!

Unknown said...

Sometimes all I can do is sit down and laugh because it is sooo not in my control. I'm glad I'm not in control actually....can you imagine???? sheesh. Thanks for your encouraging words and mindful focus on God. I appreciate your example :) Pam

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Thank you...well thank you God for leading me here this morning. I am commenting through tears because yesterday all the pieces I had in place fell apart...I am picking them up this morning and praying God puts them back together in His order...not always fun, and it is painful...but He is the master puzzle builder.
Thanks.