"I wonder what Piglet is doing," thought Pooh."I wish I were there to be doing it, too." - Winnie the Pooh
Friday, October 28, 2011
Happiness Is A By-product of Helping Someone Else
It made my day when my sister called me
and said that her granddaughter,
( my great niece-8 years old )
wanted to know if I would come
along with them on a Girls Day Away
and help her paint some pottery
for a Christmas present she wanted
to make for her mommy.
With my granddaughter and grandson
living 9 hours away,
I feel sad that we don't get to do these
spur of the moment grandparent
fun things like this together as often as I wish,
but I try and make up for it
when we are together ♥.
spending this time with my niece
and my sister.
It warmed my heart up so much when I was
asked to come along and to help.
But I can't tell you what she made because it's a surprise
and her mommy might be peeking in on this post.
My sister Melanie with her granddaughter Shay, (my great-niece)
I decided to whip up a quick little pendant
to surprise my niece with.
I think she really liked it. She wore it the rest of the day.
she held it up so we could take a photo.
there are shadows from the light that aren't really on the pendant
Shay is such a beautiful little girl on the inside and the outside!
...and she has Shirley Temple curls!!
Sometimes it's just what we need in life,
for someone to ask us
to come along for some FUN while helping them.
Many times I have thought about
asking my girlfriends (includes sisters) over for some
while they helped me
finish painting some of the rooms in my house,
that I've put off getting started on. he he
Who knows, we might
come up with some
really awesome ideas together
to make those rooms awesome or
at least some crazy fun memories made in the process.
So in case one of them are reading this,
know you can ask me first
to come over to your house and
I will gladly have FUN helping you do whatever you
need help with. I promise!
I am honored that my sister and niece
asked me to join in and have fun
(oh and Olive Garden Food too! Yummy)
Melanie and Shay!
I love you both!
"Happiness is a by-product of an effort to make
someone else happy."
Gretta Brooker Palmer
So.... have Y♥U ever
asked someone to help you
and then found a fun way of doing it?
I would love to hear about it.
105. a cup of Blackberry tea and my journal
106. knowing there is a purpose in trials because God tells me so in his word
107. painting pottery with my sister and niece
108. seeing my daughter love on her Hospice patients
109. a beautiful sunshiny weekend
110. the memories that finding old photos bring
111. date night and a movie with my hubby
112. good food eating out together for under $10.00!!!!
113. home owners insurance that takes care of repairing damages from a water leak
114. creative new ideas and planning for a room in our house
115. the happiness that children bring to us