"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Friday, October 2, 2009

Goodbye Indian Summer- Hello Beautiful Autumn

Yes, I know I am behind in singing goodbye to Indian summer!  My goodness, Fall started last week!  I guess  I forgot since I still have a few flowers blooming and haven't bought my pumpkins yet! (usually here in Indiana we have colder weather by now)  Actually, I love Fall.  Especially the smell of apple cider and apple pie! Mmmmm  I'm just a sentimental at heart who is slow at letting go of the special things that I love. (which includes people who have passed on)

For a splash of pink. before everything turns orange and brown, I'm including some pictures of my garden flowers in this post.



I'm in the process of doing a watercolor painting of this picture.
*****************************************************************

Each season of the year is special and unique in what it gives to us and what we take from it. In one season we sow the seed and in the next we harvest it.  Such is our life. One season we are marrying our sweetheart, another season we are raising children.  One season we are grieving and another season we are helping those who grieve. The list goes on and on and we change, learning good and not so good things about ourselves.  There is always something learned. And that is a good thing.  If we can just remember that God gave us seasons as a gift. A gift that builds character and molds us into vessels that resemble more of Him. This way we can uplift and encourage others who are going through what we have already gone through ourselves.

*
Ecclesiastes 3:1
"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."
*
So next week I am embracing Fall and celebrating the things I've learned through the thick and thin.  I think I will even make a list so I will be ready to share it with that someone who will need a friend like me who has been there and done that.  I hope you will join me. Please feel free to share a few of the things you have learned through your season of change.  PLEASE OH PLEASE CLICK ON COMMENT AND TELL ME ABOUT IT.  






*********************************************************************




This picture is a bit blurry, but the artsy side of me loves the shadowing from the sun on the flower.
**********************************************************************




YUMMY
SEE I TOLD YOU I CAN EMBRACE CHANGE


Smiles to you this week,




No comments: