"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Be Strong and Courageous!

What are you afraid of?  Is there something holding YOU back from being and doing all you were created for?  God has special plans for your life and that dream or that strong desire you have in your heart may be exactly put there for YOU (and only YOU) to fulfill while on this earth.

"This is my command-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 (NLT)

As I told you in an earlier post, I have chosen the word ACTION to build on through this new year.  So this post is entirely for Me! Hopefully, it will strike a cord in you too, and give you courage to overcome the fear that's keeping you from acting upon what your passion is or doing whatever it is- And YOU know what that is- that you are designed to do.  If you are in a place where you aren't sure yet what that is, well don't be discouraged.  Ask God to reveal it to you and don't compare yourself to what someone else is doing or to another person's talent you wished you had etc.... You are unique and God created YOU with a special plan and purpose of your very own. (read the beautiful Psalm 139)  Also, the Lord's timing is always perfect, so we can count on him to reveal the steps along the way and when He feels you are ready for the next one, he will urge you on.  It doesn't happen all at once. Enjoy the journey.


Two of my fears have always been the "fear of failure" and "not being good enough to succeed" etc..  Part of me hates to admit that to you all.  But that is what God really helped me work through over this past year.  I'm not worrying about being perfect anymore,  just willing to be used by Him and enjoy who He created me to be and enjoy doing what I love.  One day at a time is my goal. So remember my friend, don't be so hard on yourselves either, okay?

Well, I feel like I'm rambling today.  I hope I've said something to encourage you.  I'll be back with more on my Action steps in more posts throughout this year.  What is holding you back?


"" Treat yourself to a little Adventure.
  Do something that's totally new- for you" 
Cheryl Hawkinson 


 Be Brave! Go out this week and Sing with all that you are, because you are beautiful!


  



3 comments:

Andrea said...

I am thankful to know GOD is always with me on my journey.
Blessings, andrea

Heart2Heart said...

Lee Ann,

I've been using these few weeks to see just how God is working in my life and what plans He has for me in this upcoming year.


Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Anonymous said...

you have me grinning from ear to ear this evening! (even as I hear the girls fighting in the background) Thank you for such a sweet and wonderful comment. I actually was downstairs working on preparing the guest room as you were writing that! I can't wait to share how I've tried to make it welcoming but I want it to be a surprise to Jeanne and Becky so it will have to wait 5 more LONG... weeks! As women we can stand together~ arm in arm~ with the Lord and be courageous together! Have a wonderful evening! I'd better go and see what all the fuss is about!