"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Saturday, January 9, 2010

SHOW SOME CREATIVITY SATURDAY #6

Finally, now being after the holidays, I can get back to posting some creations on "SHOW SOME CREATIVITY SATURDAY.  Please oh please join me by linking up with one of your creation posts below so we can come over and see something you've created. (it doesn't have to be a painting. it can be a recipe, a craft of some kind, a poem, etc.. anything you've created in the past or present.) Just link up by clicking on McLinky below-click on You Are Next.   It is my desire to  give you courage to show your creations instead of hiding the talent God's given you. Together we can encourage one another.


I know this has a Christmas theme, but I wanted to show you one of my handmade Christmas gifts I made for a friend. I didn't have time to post it during the holidays so you are seeing it now.  I was very proud of this Snowman door hanger that I made from cloth and scraps that I already had at home. (size about a yard long)  I think you get more creative when you are trying to save money on a budget.  I sewed the sides together, put gesso on the surface and then used acrylics to do the painting. After it was painted, I used scraps from an old curtain to make a top border to put a small dowel rod through so I could attach twine to hang it. Oh and I did spray the paintng  with an acrylic sealer.


Here it is with the masking tape still on the borders of the painting while it was drying.



Here you can see the curtain scraps top border I sewed on before adding the dowel rod and twine.



Okay, I promise there will be no more Christmas art to show you after today until next December. Tune in next Saturday for something completely different. Now show us yours! It's your turn to be couragous. If you do, please  link up below and leave me a comment telling me you did so. 


"All who are skilled among you, are to come  and make everything the Lord has commanded."
Exodus 35:10



"In the end, art outlives politics."
Anonymous











2 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the snow man...it is fitting since we are having such a cold winter. We awoke yesterday to a dusting of snow and I heard the weather man say we may get more snow next weekend.
Blessings, andrea

Tonya said...

Hi LeeAnn! It is great to meet you also! Actually I have been stopping by for awhile...I just finally left a comment. I love your title "Encouragement is Contagious"! And your background..I had this same one awhile back! I also love all your drawings and writings! Blessings to you. Happy New Year!