"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Friday, January 8, 2010

You Have Some Special Names


Did you know that God has names for you?   Here is one: 
You are His DELIGHT

(some quickie doodling)

" He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."       Zephaniah 3:17b

The other day when I was at the bookstore, I picked up a book with the title: Redefining Beautiful by Jenna Lucado.   At first I didn't realize the book was for teenage girls, but the chapter I was reading could pertain to any age. I couldn't put this book down and highly recommend it for you to buy for your teenage daughter. 

 The chapter I read was all about the names we have for ourselves.  Not our given name, but those names we call ourselves that no one else hears. The names that many times, define inside of our heads, who we think we are. In the book, Jenna asked this question:  If you were to go to a party and had to fill out a name tag, what name would you be calling yourself before you wrote down your real given name?  For me sometimes it would depend on the kind of day I had just had.  Such as, if I didn't finish a project earlier that day, I might have thought my name was: You Great Big Failure.  Or if I had messed up on something new I was trying to learn, I might have called myself : Stupid...or if I had been too emotional earlier, I may have called myself: a Baby.  The sad thing is, we have the potential to become who we call ourselves.


" When we have a dad who calls us beautiful, we begin to see ourselves as beautiful too."
Jenna Lucado

Possibly you didn't have an earthly father who called you beautiful. But know this for certain - you do have a heavenly dad who loves you and thinks your are so amazing and beautiful. My goodness, He created you in His own image. He DELIGHTS in everything about YOU.  He looks at you with genuine pride.

When we live by the names our heavenly Father gives us, our  outlook changes.  Hello, my name is Confident, Hello, my name is Daughter of God, Hello, my name is Forgiven.  (Prov:4:26, Prov. 3:25-26, Rom. 8:15-16, Rom. 4:23-25, Acts 13:38)  This is the truth.  This is the way God sees YOU.   So if you have some negative thoughts and names for yourself, start replacing them with the positive true names that God has for you. Hey, maybe we should even make some new name tags to hang around as reminders.

"Don't confuse God's love with the love you get from people. Love from people often increases with performance and decreases with mistakes.  Not so with God's love.  He loves you where you are."
Max Lucado


One more thing before I go that I want to share with you.  My friend Becky is giving a wonderful BE tree painting away, and it will be customized for the winner with words of their choosing.  
Check it out here:      http://farmgirlpaints.blogspot.com/2010/01/custom-tree-give-away.html


I am so delighted to have you as my friend.



3 comments:

Tonya said...

What a wonderful reminder of God's thoughts about us! Truly He is love.

Andrea said...

AMEN...HE is the only true love and the only place where we can find our own identity and security. I am delighting in HIM,
andrea

Flor Larios Art said...

Hi Lee Ann,

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for leaving a nice comment about my art. The tree is a mixed media painting with collage images.
I am now a follower of your blog...hoping to see some of your art soon.
Flor