"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Friday, January 29, 2010

SHOW SOME CREATIVITY SATURDAY #8


Okay, I'm branching out and trying some new things when it comes to creating. I've been trying to put more ACTION into creating more on a regular basis as one of my 2010 promises to myself. I'm also trying to put ACTION into letting go of perfectionism and just enjoy creating as a gift to myself and as an offering to my Creator.  So here are a few things I've created lately in their raw form and are still under construction.


 
My lettering isn't the greatest yet, and I may add something more, once I figure out what that is.  I'm just proud that I tried mixing collage for the first time with my acrylics.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can."
Danny Kaye
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 

A local church started an art class near by, so I went and I made my first mosaic. It was really a lot of fun breaking up old plates and figuring out a design to make from the pieces.  It's really a great stress reliever also if you need to hammer out some frustration! 
Wouldn't it be fun to mosaic a small table top to use outside this summer when you take your tea out to relax in the warm sun.. ahhhhh...

- I'm anxious for the warmer weather and this piece reminds me of the sun-

 


If you have a creation you would like to share, please do! Just leave it in a comment below with a link to your blog so we can come see.....and of course you know I would love for you to leave a comment even if you don't want to share a creation.  Hearing from you really does make my day.

Now go out
and put some paint on your life canvas
and have  fun!
 - Have a Great weekend -

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the idea of creating for the Creator. God created this world from a blank canvas...At the heart of creating is Love. God created us to create and that is a blessing and gift to us. I think he wanted us to experience just a hint of what it feels like to create something from nothing and then stand back and share the beauty of our work. So glad you visited me.
Check out some of my creations
www.dlrubyspalette.blogspot.com
I always ask God to be apart of my creative process. Many Blessings, Deborah

Andrea said...

Beautiful.
AMEN!!

Hugs and prayers,
andrea

Mary said...

You did a great job on this, and I think your lettering is very good.

Unknown said...

express your self.. go wild.. there is no better feeling .. brilliant stuff! I love your sunny mosaic!

MrBibleHead said...

Love your joy piece. His joy is our strength. Your blog is such an encouragement. Thanks Lee Ann! God bless you and your loved ones.

Just Be Real said...

Lee Ann, these are very nice. I certainly would not have the patience nor believe the talent. Thank you for sharing. Blessings.

Just Be Real said...

Lee Ann, thank you for your most recent comment to me. Blessings to you.

DJ said...

Wow...Your blog is such a special place...I read a few entries and felt BLESSED by your words and images.
God has His hand on you.
(You are in His family...so we must be sisters. Whee. :-)
I'm off to include you on my blogroll...I don't want to miss anything here.

Unknown said...

Lee Ann .. thanks for your sweet comment.. watercolor is very new to me. so it doesn't always feel easy .. I am just trying to let 'it teach me'lol!
You must join in next Friday..
just go to www.illustration friday.com and join up.. they post the new topic on a friday.. then you paint it whenever you can and post it throughout the week.. lossa fun!

Erin Butson said...

Hi Leanne. Wow. I love your blog. You definitely havethe gift of encouragement. Thank you for the encouragement you've given me with your comments! Blessings!
Erin

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

So nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my place today. I'm so glad you found Elaine too. She is a sweetheart. I know you will LOVE digging deep with the Lord over there.

I think your blog focus on encouragement is just wonderful. What a God-given idea. I LOVE it.

Hope to get to know you better,

Joanne

Andrea said...

I hope you don't mind. I added a link to your blog on arise 2 write.
andrea

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you're just out there creating and having the time of your life and encouraging others all the while to do the same! (wow! what a run-on sentence!) anyways, your comments always make me sooooo happy!!! You have a remarkable gift!

Rachel said...

I'm so proud of you Leann! I feel artistic at times, but I struggle with actually creating! I'm so glad you made it a goal to create, and shared your beautiful art with us. I feel blessed by your post this evening. Can't wait to see more of your lovely pieces! Have fun giving God glory through your art!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Love it! I love words and God's word is the best:) Have a great week LeeAnn