"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Pleasure Was All Mine

Yesterday was my last day home on Christmas vacation from my job at the school.  I had a wonderful day!  I drove about 45 minutes away to have lunch with a dear friend in another city.  I met Pat about 4 years ago when I worked with her at Indiana Wesleyan University. We hit it off as good friends from the get go and I feel as if I've known her forever. She is full of energy, is a very talented lady, and has a loving and caring, very BIG heart.    It was so good to spend some time with her again.  Thank you Pat for being that special YOU  and my dear friend.  Love you to the end and back........



Another sweet friend I met 4 years ago was Shirley. She is Miss Hospitality and knows how to make everyone feel special, loved and welcome. I just love her too!



After my lunch I went to the Christian Bookstore in the city.  It's one of my very favorite places to go for some me time.  There is a coffee shop inside of the store, along with some very big and comfy leather chairs to lounge in while sitting in front of a fireplace,  and scripture and quotes all over the walls. Soft music playing overhead and a blended spiced chai tea in my hand.  I brought some thank you cards along and thought this would be a great time to get them written, but picked up a few books to look at first.  Before I knew it, 2 hours had passed.  I couldn't believe how the time had flown.  I guess that is what happens when you are relaxed and getting refreshed.  Soon after that I headed back home.   I found myself singing, praying and praising God all the way up to my driveway in front of my house.


"My presence will go with you and I will give you rest."

Exodus 33:14

I think God loves it when we take time to slow down a little and just BE.  How about you?  Have you taken some quiet, non-scheduled time lately to just BE? It's during these times that you can hear God the loudest!  Or at least that is how it works for me.  Let me know what you do for relaxation and refreshment.

"Everyday, celebrate a personal victory, no matter how small. You must have done something to make yourself proud.  Go ahead- SHOUT  OUT  LOUD!"

Cheryl Hawkinson



From One Blessed Chic,


6 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love finding new blogs.....and love your blog name....I enjoyed reading yours tonight.. Happy New Year
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. I am trying this year to schedule some BE time each week. It is not easy but I know I need it.

Heart2Heart said...

Lee Ann,

Sounds like you had a refreshing time just resting at the Lord's feet and being washed in His waters. What an incredible feeling that must have been.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Mary said...

Spending time with friends and then coffee shop time. Double blessing indeed!! We need time with friends, and time alone.

You asked about my paintings - I might have an idea about what I want to paint, but it usually ends up a bit different in the painting of it. My use of black, well I tend to use a touch of it on most every painting. It seems to pull it together somehow. Just something that I have picked up on my own, and that is pleasing to my eye. I also love hearts, houses, butterflies - they tend to show up in my work too. I have had no formal training, I am just learning as I go.

Mary said...

Lee Ann, I just saw you second com ment to me today. Yes, I am blessed indeed with a wonderful husband! I would love to meet and spend time with you too! I just know we would have lots to share!!

Thank you for such encouraging remarks on my art. God began using it in my life about two years ago, and it has opened up new areas in my heart. I am loving the color he is putting in and pulling out of me.

Anonymous said...

I am so thrilled that I found another Christian Blogger tonight!
God is just leading my path by leaps and bounds. Finding all of you Christian girls is wonderful and yes, what a blessing you are to me and an "encourager".. to just have "BE" time.
I was visualizing myself at this local christian coffee shop.
Sounds like you had such a great time.
Please come visit me sometime.
Hugs, Darlene..