"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just Stay Calm


I could stay calm in the middle of a daisy field!!!!

 

Oh my goodness, how these verses spoke to my heart today when I was reading about Moses.  God told him that He was going to use him to part the Red Sea so the Israelite people could cross safely to the other side and escape the harm of the enemy army
that was chasing them.


"But Moses told the people, 
"Don't be afraid. Just stand still
and watch the Lord rescue you today". 
The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again.
  "The Lord himself will fight for you.
  JUST STAY CALM." 
Exodus 14:13-14 NLT

How often do we stand still long enough to let God rescue us while we remain calm through a crisis?  I can't say that I'm good at waiting calmly.  I wonder how many times God was ready to bless you or I
through a time of trial, but we gave into panic or 
our own devices instead and missed it?  

I believe God does miracles for us everyday, but we aren't always watching for them.  The birth of a baby, the flower blooming, the rainbow in the sky after a rain, that special person he sends into your life just when you need them most, etc...  Moses had to remind the Israelite people to remain calm
and trust in God to rescue them. 


"The  Lord  himself  will  fight  for  YOU. 
JUST STAY CALM". 

Wait on God to give you his best.
  He indeed has a special blessing waiting
just around the corner for YOU.




Staying calm and standing still
with a daisy in my hand just for you!

 

6 comments:

Andrea said...

AMEN..."Just stay calm." There is NO need to worry, yet we waste our time trying it out.

Clinging to HIM,
andrea

DJ said...

I had to write down that scripture so I could add it to my
arsenal -er, NOTES.
Yes, notes.
No, I don't engage in spiritual warfare. nuh-uh. No demons messin' around here.
Just me and my sword..uhm, Bible, that is.
Yes...

Tonya said...

Thank you LeeAnn, I will accept the daisy and calmly "wait on the Lord"...timely and lovely post.

Unknown said...

Perfect, Just what I needed to hear today. Thank you from my heart. Many Blessings, Deborah

Jeanne Oliver said...

Beautiful message from an awesome God!!! Thank you for this post and reminding us all.

Unknown said...

PERFECT, JUST WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR. PERFECT!Praise God! Thanks from my heart. Many blessing, Deborah