"One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering."

Ida Scott Taylor


Thursday, February 4, 2010

Action Keeps You Blooming


Spring is getting closer.  Only about 6 weeks away!
I think this weekend I'm going out to buy some paperwhite bulbs to start growing indoors.  That should brighten up things around here on these not
so very sunny Midwestern days .



My goodness, it would be so easy to loose focus 
on these dreary days, but I am 
determined to live out my ACTION word I chose for 2010.
On a few other blogs I noticed they made their
word for 2010 
into WORD ART to keep themselves inspired.
So I sat down and did the same while
watching t.v. with my hubby the other night.
I just used some markers on cheap 
drawing paper, but it was so fun.


"If you wait for perfect conditions, 
you will never get anything done."
Ecclesiastes 11:4


So how about you?  What are you doing this winter
to keep yourself focused and joyful? 
I hope it's something fun.




Keep blooming inside my friend, no matter
what the weather!

13 comments:

Edie said...

I love that! It reminds me of my youth when I used to doodle with markers and colored pens a lot. It really was a lot of fun too.

Have a great weekend!

Just Be Real said...

Sounds like a good plan for the weekend for you dear one. I love that picture of the window and vases. Thank you for sharing the scripture verses as well. Blessings to you dear and your loved ones.

Unknown said...

Love your marker art, Inspiring, Beautiful and it looks like lots of fun. Your words are a blessing.
The weather is wearing on all here in Iowa. Many Blessing, Deborah

DJ said...

Mmmmm...paperwhites!
Nothing else lifts the wintered spirit quite like them...Haven't done that in years; thanks for the reminder, my friend.
(And buy some extra to mail to your daughters, too? :-)

Dena E's Blog said...

Hello Sweetie, so glad to see you'd been by my blog again!!! It brought me smiles, today was the day my 30 yr old moved out but ,,he even forgot to give his mom a hug!!! Yep, maybe because he had his friend here too, go figure.. I was sad for you to see your girls live far from you. My daughter is close but soooo busy.
Your such a wonderful woman for God and you've done so much fror others and there walk with Him.
I know you're an awesome lady!!!!
And wow what a mentor you are for so many through here too.
It was a blessing for me to happen upon your blog a ways back and now I can come to visit anytime to share, so thank you for that LeeAnn.
Big Hugs and all for His Glory~~~Amen
His compassions fail not;
They are new every morning
Great is Thy faithfulness~~~
Lamentations 3:22-23

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Hey that's a great idea DJ. I think I will buy enough to give to my daughters also.

Thanks!

Lee Ann

Butterfly Works said...

That is such a great idea.....here in the south, we have been under snow and ice for sometime now and I have been dreaming about flowers......I love your doodle....you should frame it and put it in your favorite place....that's a good idea too you have of a word for the year....I'll have to pray about mine and see what God thinks I need to be dwelling on.....
You're very creative...thanks for sharing it with us....
Blessings.

Mary Moss said...

Love your word art:-) Thanks for this encouragement. In the midst of an historic snow storm, it's easy to lose focus on "blooming" for Him!

Blessings,
Mary

Farmgirl Paints said...

So cute! Love the picture and the painting:)

I am just trying to breath in and out...that's my focus. It's been a long one.

Tonya said...

Hi LeeAnn! I absolutely love your Word Art! It looks like something that I would buy at the store! Beautiful! I so appreciated your stopping by my blog. That will be my last post for awhile. And you are right, it is good to know that there is a time for everything because it does give you peace about so many things. I originally started that blog as a place to keep scriptures and quotes that I wanted to memorize. Over time, I just added and added and before I knew it the time that I use to spend with my youngest had escaped me. So, that is where I will be now...reading, singing and playing with my little one. Blessings and I will stay posted!!

jaymie said...

i love you MOm... & i love your idea for your word art! keep up the great work! i can't wait to see you on Sunday!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

I can't wait to see you too Jaymie!

I love you,

MOM

Wini said...

Thanks for visiting me! What a lovely blog you have. I love your word Art picture, its so inspiring!! Hope you open your Etsy store soon! :)